Distribution of contract originals/copies
Who needs originals?:
There must be two original, signed copies of each contract: one for Baylor, and one for the other party. Send Baylor's original signed copy to the Central Information Files (CIF) located in the Financial Services/Treasurer's Office, Robinson Tower, Suite 670, One Bear Place #97043.
Who needs copies?:
- You do First and foremost, always keep a copy of every signed contract affecting your department in the department office.
- Accounts payable If the contract involves payment to another entity, Accounts Payable will need a copy of the signed contract before they can make payment.
- Procurement services If the contract is to be paid with a requisition (any contract of $5,000 or more) Procurement Services will need a copy of the signed contract before they can issue a purchase order.
- Purchasing card records If you are paying for the contract with your purchasing card (this is done only on an exception basis), keep a signed copy of the contract with your departmental purchasing card records to have on hand when your records are audited.
- Office of the General Counsel - only upon requestIf OGC needs a copy of your contract, they will request it. Otherwise, you do not need to provide them a copy.