Welcome to the Baylor University Counseling Center
McLane Student Life Center
The Counseling Services strives to facilitate the educational experience and total development of students by enhancing mental health and well-being. Our staff works to focus on each individual's strengths to help promote meaningful life choices by working through issues that students face throughout the college experience.
The Counseling Center provides:
- Individual, Couples, Walk In Clinic and Group counseling for students with psychological concerns
- Crisis intervention for students experiencing a psychological crisis or emergency
- Psychiatric services are currently offered through the Baylor University Health Center.
- Medical nutrition therapy by a licensed and registered dietitian
- Outreach and prevention programs for students
- Consultation services for faculty, staff, families, and friends of students (What is Consultation?)
- Intern and Practicum training for the clinical psychology doctoral programs
The Counseling Center, as an agency, assigns counselors to students and will consider but cannot guarantee specific student requests. If an individual has a strong preference for specific criteria the Counseling Center cannot accommodate, BUCC may suggest a transition of care to a community provider.