Leslie A. Hahner is an assistant professor of communication who specializes in the study of visual rhetoric. She teaches a number of different courses at Baylor including Advanced Public Speaking, Introduction to Rhetorical Theory and Criticism, Persuasion and Communication, Rhetoric and Contemporary Culture, Introduction to Visual Culture, and Visual Rhetoric. Dr. Hahner has won numerous teaching and research awards. Her research has appeared in the Quarterly Journal of Speech, Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies, Critical Studies in Media Communication, Rhetoric & Public Affairs, and a variety of other scholarly outlets.
Dr. Hahner is originally from Kansas City, Missouri and loves spending time with her husband, Dr. Scott Varda, and their daughter, Kennedy.In her rare spare time, Dr. Hahner enjoys long-distance running, reading non-fiction, and experiments in cooking.
- B. A. Organizational Communication, Marketing Minor, Central Missouri State University, 1999.
- M. A. Communication Studies (Rhetorical Studies), The University of Iowa, 2002.
- Ph.D. Communication Studies (Rhetorical Studies), The University of Iowa, 2005
- CSS 3302 Introduction to Rhetorical Theory and Criticism
- CSS 3395 Theories and Methods of Visual Communications
Syllabus:Introduction to Visual Culture
Rhetorical Criticism Theory