Volunteer Now - Sign Me Up!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2014 Move-In Days. With your energy, excitement, and help, we will once again bring another great class of new students to Baylor University. This is the class of 2018!
The assignments for volunteers will be emailed by August 15. The website will remain active until August 14.
The campus footprint continues to grow, with several construction projects effecting the flow of Move-In traffic. As you determine which terminal location you prefer to volunteer, please read the descriptions carefully. Terminal locations and Move-In Traffic flow patterns will be set in August in order to assess construction progress.
Please read the instructions below regarding signing up you and/or your group, department, organization.
Positions: (please indicate your preferred position in the "Notes" section of the system)
- ATC = Air Traffic Controllers (directing traffic, standing, no lifting)
- BH = Baggage Handlers (carrying, lifting, hauling stuff)
- GA = Gate Agents (work indoors with check-in process, greeters)
- FA = Flight Attendants (work outside at hydration stations to serve the physical needs of volunteers and new students)
- MED = Medical Personnel (provide medical services - certified medical doctors, athletic trainers, nurses)
- WP = Welcome Party (deliver goodies - cookies, finger foods, fruits - deliver to the SLC)
- Pre-Arrival - Wednesday, August 20 (7:00 am-12:00 pm, report times will be 30-45 minutes prior to start depending on assignment)
- On-Time Arrival - Thursday, August 21 (7:00 am-12:00 pm, report times will be 30-45 minutes prior to start depending on assignment)
- Airport Field Pass - Both days
Sign Up to Volunteer
Click the link below to volunteer as an Individual - please choose your t-shirt size, service type and shift preference. When completed, click the submit button. A valid Bear ID is required to access this form.
If you would like to sign up your campus department as a team, please download the Move-In Day Volunteer Sign-Up spreadsheet here and complete all necessary fields. Then, fill out the Campus Volunteers Form using the link below. You will be asked to upload your completed spreadsheet within the form.
Please Note: T-Shirts will be available for pick-up by the department contact person.
Student Organizations or Church Groups
Please provide the total number of volunteers, the breakdown of t-shirt sizes needed, and your contact information. We do not need individual names. Student organizations and church groups must serve as baggage handlers.