Students express themselves in many creative ways while filling and decorating their rooms. Here are a few lists to help you shop and pack for your new campus home.
As you're packing, please label every box and every item you are moving with your name and room number. We will do our best to make sure your belongings make it to your room, but clear labeling certainly makes this easier on our Move-In Crews.
- Bed sheets-most beds are standard length, but some are extra long. Check our website for bed length information.
- Mattress pad and comforter
- Pillows and pillow cases
- Towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Bathroom supplies (soap, shampoo, etc.) for the shower and the sink. Bring a shower basket if you will have community showers.
- Cleaning supplies - If your room has a sink or if you will be living in an apartment
- Quarters for laundry machines or card swipe your Baylor ID if you have Bearbucks
- Laundry supplies (basket, detergent, fabric softener, etc.)
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm Clock
- Ethernet cable - cable used to connect your computer to the residential network (wireless internet available in most lobby areas)
- Headphones (if you like loud music)
- Trash Can
- Lamp (not halogen)
- Refrigerator - one per room (1.5 amps max)
- Personal computer and printer (don't forget a surge protector)
- Broom and/or vacuum - the front desk has them, too
- Iron and Ironing board
- Dry erase/bulletin board
- TV (coaxial cable not provided)
- DVD/Music player
- Rug or carpet
- Bicycle - do not forget a lock (U-lock is preferable)
- Storage containers - bookshelf, pegboard shelf, etc.
- Surge protector
- Microwave (except Arbors, Fairmont, Gables, and University Parks)
- Appliances with exposed heat elements (toaster oven, grill, etc.)
- Routers (both wireless or wired)
- Pets (except fish in 10-gallon tanks or less)
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps
- Candles or any other fire-involved material
- Nails, screws, permanent adhesives - anything that could damage walls
- 2.4 Ghz telephones (they interfere with the wireless network)
- Wireless printers