Arbors Building Details
The Arbors apartments houses upper-division men and women and is located near the McLane Student Life Center, the Baylor Science Building, and the Hankamer/Cashion buildings. A full-time professional Hall Director, assisted by a graduate assistant director, provides leadership to the apartment staff and residents. Community Leaders (CL's) are upper-division students who live among residents to help them build and maintain meaningful relationships within their communities, connect them to campus involvement opportunities, and lead them in a way that is mindful of Baylor's mission and values. A Resident Chaplain, a current Truett Seminary student, also lives and serves at the complex. The Resident Chaplain can be a resource and support for students as they explore God's call upon their lives. Office assistants provide informational services to the residents at the clubhouse and maintenance personnel handle building repairs. Baylor DPS patrols the complex to ensure safety for the residents.
- Mail should be sent to your apartment number:
1825 South 3rd St Apt #xxx
Waco, TX 76706
- All packages should be addressed the same way, and will be held in the front office.
- There is one bathroom in the one-bedroom apartments, and two bathrooms in the two-bedroom apartments. Each bathroom has a tub with a showerhead, toilet, and sink with counter.
- There is a large walk-in closet in each room, with a clothes rod and a shelf above the clothes rod.
- Roommates share a coat closet in the entry way, and a storage closet that is accessible from the balcony or patio.
- Residents may wish to bring personal computers. Front Desk Networks provides wireless internet for each apartment. For more information on residential technology offerings, please visit http://www.baylor.edu/cll/restech.
- The apartments include a full kitchen area, with an oven & range, refrigerator and dishwasher. Residents need to furnish their own dishes and kitchen utensils. Residents ARE allowed to bring a microwave.
- There are 4 dining options in the residence halls (Brooks College, Collins, Memorial, and Penland) and a food court available with declining balance or cash payment options in the Bill Daniel Student Center.
- Java City, located on the garden level of Moody Memorial Library, serves sandwiches and coffee for declining balance or cash payment.
- The Seasons Sushi is located in the North Village Community Center and provides made to order sushi favorites.
- Atrium Cafe in the Baylor Science Building.
- All incoming freshmen are required to purchase a minimum 11-meal plan.
- All floors are covered with carpet, except for the bathroom, kitchen, and entry way, which have neutral-colored vinyl flooring.
- Courtesy cleaning equipment, such as brooms, mops, and vacuum cleaners, are available for checkout from the apartment office.
- Each bedroom is furnished with a bed and dresser for each resident. All furniture is movable, but must remain in the room and not be dismantled, stacked, or raised off the floor. Desks are not provided.
- All beds are junior loft (easy-connect) beds with springs that are adjustable into the headboard and footboard for 11 variable heights ranging from residential to junior loft height. Upon move-out, the beds must be returned to their original residential height.
- Non-athletic apartments have 2 beds (standard size) in each bedroom, while athletic apartments have a mixture of standard and extra long beds (accommodations will need to be verified by room number).
- Apartments have either a triple dresser, double dresser, or 2 four-drawer chest of drawers per room.
- Living rooms have a sofa, either a loveseat or chair, coffee table, and end table with table lamp.
- Dining rooms are furnished with a table and four chairs.
- On site laundry facilities include washers and dryers.
- Visitation hours at the Arbors are from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday through Saturday.
- One telephone line per room is provided.
- Your telephone number will be included with your room assignment information.
- You may use Baylor's long distance service or make arrangements for your own.
- Telephone instruments are not provided.
- Students may bring their own television. (TV's may not be hung from walls.)
- All apartments are cable-ready and offer basic cable for residents.
- Residents interested in additional cable channels may purchase them from Front Desk Networks. To view options:
- Go to http://www.acceleratemenow.com
- Click on "Digital TV"
- Select "Texas" - "Waco" - Apartment Area and click "Go"
- Please note, residents are responsible for any additional cable charges beyond the basic channel lineup provided by Campus Living & Learning.
- All walls are painted cream. Residents may not paint the walls.
- Posters and pictures may be attached to the walls with white sticky-tack. Colored sticky-tack, nails, screws, and foam tapes are not allowed. Use of these items will result in fines at the end of the school year.
- Curtains are best hung on tension rods inside the windows.
- Mini-blinds are on all windows and must remain in place (but may be pulled to the top of the window if you prefer).