Baylor > Welcome > Faculty > Kenneth Jones
Assistant Professor of History and Classics
Assistant Director, University Scholars Program
- Ph.D., Ancient History and Mediterranean Archaeology, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- M.A., Ancient History and Mediterranean Archaeology, University of California, Berkeley, 2002
- B.A. Classical Languages, University of California, Berkeley, 1999, with highest honors
Dr. Jones' research focuses on Hellenistic and Roman Syria.
- Jewish Reactions to the Destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70: Apocalypses and Related Pseudepigrapha. Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism 151. Leiden: Brill, 2011.
- "The Figure of Apion in Josephus' Contra Apionem." Journal for the Study of Judaism in the Persian, Hellenistic and Roman Period 36 (2005): 278-315.
- "Alcaeus of Messene, Philip V, and the Colossus of Rhodes: A Re-examination of Anth. Pal. 6.171." Classical Quarterly (forthcoming).
- "Lycophron's Alexandra, the Romans, and Antiochus III." Journal of Hellenic Studies(forthcoming).
- "The Conflict of East and West in Propaganda of the Roman Period," Association of Ancient Historians, Annual Meeting, April 10-13, 2008, University of South Florida, Tampa.
- "The Conflict of East and West and the Greek Understanding of Foreign Invasion," Historical Studies Colloquium, April 25, 2008, Baylor University.
- "Provincial Attitudes toward the Roman Empire," Classical Association of the Middle West and South, Annual Meeting, April 1-4, 2009, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
- "Lessons from the Past: Coping with Rome in the Greek and Hebrew East," Plutarch and the Second Sophistic, International Plutarch Society, American Philological Association, Annual Meeting, January 6-9, 2010, Anaheim, California.
- "Persia and Babylon: Understanding Rome in the Greek and Jewish East," Historical Studies Colloquium, March 26, 2010, Baylor University.
- "The Conflict of East and West as Propaganda during the Antiochene War," Classical Association of the Middle West and South, Annual Meeting, April 6-9, 2011, Calvin College and Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids.
- "The Role of Armenia in Roman-Parthian Relations during the Julio-Claudian Period," American Schools of Oriental Research, Annual Meeting, November 14-17,2012, Chicago.
- "The Aims of Antony's Parthian War of 36 B.C.," American Philological Association, Annual Meeting, January 3-6, 2013, Seattle.