Professors and Research Scholars may give occasional lectures and short-term consultations in conjunction with their primary activities, if approved by OIP-ISSS in advance.
- To work for any organization in a position other than the one described on your Baylor DS-2019 form, you must first obtain approval in writing in advance from your J-1 Responsible Officer/Alternate Responsible Officer (RO/ARO) at Baylor (your immigration adviser).
- The RO/ARO must evaluate the proposed occasional lectures or consultations in terms of the J-1 scholar's program objectives, and then decide whether or not it would be appropriate.
- If you are being sponsored by an agency (e.g. IIE) and are uncertain how to reach the appropriate RO/ARO, an ISSS adviser will help find out.
- The Baylor RO/ARO, however, has no authority to grant permission to accept an occasional lecture or consultation opportunity.
To ensure that "occasional lectures or short-term consultations" do not interfere with and are in keeping with the activities of your J-1 program, THEY MUST BE:
- Directly related to the objectives of your Exchange Visitor program;
- Incidental to your primary program activities
THEY MUST NOT delay the completion of your Exchange Visitor program.