You will only need an ITIN if:
- you do not have a Social Security Number, AND
- you received U.S.-based income for the previous year (including scholarship/fellowship income above tuition)
WINDSTAR will determine if you are required to have an ITIN and will automatically generate an ITIN application (W-7) to submit along with your tax return.
In addition to form W-7, you must include the following:
- notarized photocopies of your passport, visa stamp, and I-94 card
- a letter from your DSO in IS3
- photocopy of your immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019)
ISSS can provide the DSO letter and notarization of your photocopies when requested.
NOTE: If you are submitting only Form 8843, you are not required to apply for an ITIN.