The Dawson Institute is located in the historic Carroll Library Building, in the heart of the Baylor University campus.
About the Institute
Baylor University established the J. M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies in 1957, so named in honor of an outstanding alumnus, distinguished author, and ardent advocate of religious liberty and the separation of church and state. The Institute is the oldest and most well established facility of its kind located in a university setting. It is exclusively devoted to research in the broad area of religion, politics, and society and committed to the separation of church and state and the advancement of religious liberty around the world.