STEM SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
$1,500 per student
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FEBRUARY 29, 2012 - $1500.
Apply on line:
These scholarships are intended to recognize high-quality students pursuing a STEM education and career and encourage their consideration of graduate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
- Excellence in academics
- Participation in Science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics education projects
- Participation in research projects
- Exhibited leadership qualities
All TSGC Scholarship recipients must be:
- Citizens of the United States
- Registered for at least a half-time course load or more at a TSGC member institution in good standing as:
- a sophomore at a 2 year institution or
- a sophomore at a 4 year institution or
- a junior or senior at a 4 year institution or
- a first or second year student at a medical school
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 11 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.