Baylor > Campus Recreation > Fitness > Programs and Services > Massage Therapy > Types
Types of Massage Services Offered
Therapeutic massage is the manipulation of the muscles and tissues of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, and stress. Baylor Massage Therapy provides a wide range of services and specific techniques designed to help meet our client's needs.
Our services include:
- Swedish Massage - Classical European technique used to increase circulation, flexibility, soothe tense muscles, and de-stress.
- Deep Tissue Massage - Focuses on deeper layers of muscle used to release chronic patterns of tension.
- Trigger Point Therapy - Used to break the cycles of spasm and pain - also known as myotherapy or neuromuscular therapy.
- Myofascial Release - Stretching fascia to restore proper function and bio-mechanics.
- Sports Massage - Techniques used to assist an athlete with training or performance.
- Medical Massage - Technique used to treat specific medical conditions such as repetitive motion injuries, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, neuromuscular conditions, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and many others.
- Hydrotherapy - Application of moist heat or ice to treat pain and muscle dysfunction.
- Pre-natal Massage - Massage specifically targeting health issues related to pregnancy. Client receives massage in a side to side and reclined position on massage table.
- Sinus Acupressure Massage - Treatment of inflammation in sinuses. This reduces sinus pain and pressure and helps prevent sinus infections from developing.
- Aromatherapy Massage - The use of essential oils during massage therapy.
- On-Location Corporate Chair Massage - Stress and tension relief in an office setting. A ten to fifteen minute massage with client in a special, portable massage chair. Client remains fully clothed while shoulders, neck, upper back, head, and arms are massaged.
Each massage session is designed uniquely around the needs of each client. Please let your therapist know your treatment goals before each session.