A brief outline for entering the Baylor New Venture Competition can be found in the tabs below. For details on these items, consult the Official Rules Document PDF.
Forming A Team
Team eligibility rules are briefly outlined below. For detailed eligibility rules please consult the Rules Document, Section D.
To be eligible for the competition, your team must:
- Have at least 2-4 full-time eligible students.
- Be current students (undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate) or have graduated 15 months prior to November 30, 2012.
- Designate a point-of-contact responsible for communication with competition organizers.
- Have fundamental, equity-holding, founding positions within the company and have a combined ownership of at least 25% of the founder's equity in the company.
- Not have members on multiple teams in the competition.
- Be present during the entire competition and at the time of the prize presentations to be eligible for prizes.
Plan eligibility rules are briefly outlined below. For detailed eligibility rules please consult the Rules Document, Section D.
Business plans submitted by teams should be for ventures that are:
- Early stage
- For profit
- Looking for initial investment capital
- Preferred industries include cloud, mobile, internet, e-commerce, social networking, or gaming
Submissions should not include:
- Entity Expansions
- Real Estate Ventures
- Not For Profits
- Ventures with previous investment capital
Business Plan Format
All business plans will be submitted in PDF format using the iStart submission site. The submission process can be found on the Submit Your Plan page.
Components of A Plan
For uniformity in judging, there are certain items that must appear in every business plan. These items are listed below (please consult the Rules Document, Section J for details):
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Business Mission and Vision
- Business Description
- Market Analysis
- Description of Products and Services
- Organization and Management
- Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Financials (Pro-forma Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
Information and Training Sessions
There will be two training sessions for the 2013 competition.
- Information and Training Session I: Sept. 26, 2012, Cashion 110, 4 p.m.
- Training Session II: Oct. 10, 2012, Cashion 109, 2:30 pm
In order to gather an estimated attendance count for each training session, please complete this short form if you are planning on attending.