The MBA Degree Plan
The full-time MBA program offers a wide array of learning options that equip you with the skills needed to succeed. The standard MBA degree plan consists of:
- 35 credit hours of core classes
- 15 credit hours of electives
- 3 credit hour internship
Focus On What Matters
If you are seeking a more focused degree, Baylor offers a number of ways to customize your degree to focus on the skills your career requires. These include:
- Concentrating your degree in a specific field of study by devoting 9 elective hours to finance, information systems, international business or marketing classes
- Enrolling in one of Baylor's unique healthcare or entrepreneurship specialization programs
- Partnering with other Baylor programs to pursue a joint degree
Regardless of your pursuits, you will have the opportunity to complete Baylor's "Define...Discover...Deliver" core curriculum. The core curriculum consists of 3 semesters, each focusing on a distinct learning perspective and is the foundation of the MBA program.
An undergraduate degree in business is not required to join the program. Baylor offers a semester-long Integrated Management Seminar (IMS) during the summer and fall semesters that prepares non-business undergraduates prior to beginning the MBA core curriculum. With the Integrated Management Seminar, the program length is 21 months.
If you previously received an undergraduate degree in business, the IMS course is optional. You can immediately begin taking core classes and complete the program in 16 months.