What We Do
Free Enterprise at the Baugh Center seeks to aid in the preservation of the competitive free enterprise system, including the vital small business sector of the economy. Our goal is to be a national leader in this area through research, teaching and informing public policy.
- Collaborative Credit: Start-up Able Using the Wisdom of the Crowd to Fund Business Growth
- Dr. Per Bylund, Research Professor, has been invited to serve on the Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal’s editorial board
- Danny Huizinga Appointed First Student Fellow
- Dr.Jim Riordan On Market-based Solutions to Job Creation
- Dr. Benjamin Powell of Texas Tech University Presents His Book “Out of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy”
- Dr. Lucas Rentschler of Guatemala’s Universidad Francisco Marroquin (UFM) on “Liberty in Central America: Education, Policy and Politics”.
- Scott Friesen of Verdant Frontiers Discusses Investment and Entrepreneurship in Ethiopia
- Dr. Per Bylund Member Named Top Economics Author
- Adam Kissel speaks on "Free Speech and Double Standards in Higher Education"
- October0720Virginia Postrel - "Why Do People Buy Things They Don't Need? Imagination, Meaning, and Economic Value"Hankamer School of Business, Cashion 5th floor
- October1420James Riordan Hankamer School of Business,Cashion 103