The 22nd Annual Festival
April 6-8, 2016
A three-day celebration of some of the finest contemporary poets, with readings, a panel discussion and the Virginia Beall Ball Lecture on Contemporary Poetry.
Kevin Young, Amaranth Borsuk, and Nicole Cooley as poets
Ernest Suarez as critic
About the Event
Baylor University's 22nd annual Beall Poetry Festival is supported by the John A. and DeLouise McClelland Beall Endowed Fund, established in 1994 by Mrs. Virginia B. Ball of Muncie, Ind., to honor her parents and to encourage the writing and appreciation of poetry.
Baylor University Department of English
One Bear Place #97404
Waco, TX 76798-7404
Phone: (254) 710-1768
Map Location Carroll Science
Evening Poetry Readings (all at 7 p.m.)
- Amaranth Borsuk (Wednesday, April 6)
- Nicole Cooley (Thursday, April 7)
- Kevin Young (Friday, April 8)
- All evening poetry readings will take place in Bennett Auditorium
Afternoon Events (all at 3:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 6 -- Annual Student Literary Awards
- Thursday, April 7 -- Ernest Suarez will deliver the Virginia Beall Ball Lecture on Contemporary Poetry
- Friday, April 8 -- Panel discussion with Amaranth Borsuk, Nicole Cooley, Kevin Young and Ernest Suarez
- All afternoon events will take place in Carroll Science Building, Room 101
See who won the Beall Poetry Festival Student Literary Contest prizes for 2015 and read their prize-winning works.