goBAYLOR will guide you through the admissions process. Check it often for updates. To get started and access the online application, create your goBAYLOR
account. You must create a goBAYLOR account to check your status regardless of which system (Common App, ApplyTexas, goBAYLOR App) you choose to submit your application.
November 1: Early Action Deadline to Apply (non-binding)
November 1: Single Choice Early Action Deadline to Apply (non-binding)
February 1: Regular Admission Deadline to Apply
February 10: Housing Application. Completing your Housing Application prior to February 10 allows you to access Roommate Matching and Choose Your Own Room. Students who complete the Housing Application after February 10th are still guaranteed housing and will receive their assignment beginning in June, but they may not be able to choose their roommate and room as it is on a first come, first serve basis. Learn more here.
May 1: Deposit Deadline
Learn more about our deadlines
More steps might be required based on your individual circumstances. Check your goBAYLOR account for more details on these items. Postmark key documents by the application deadline.
Please submit required and recommended items through whatever system you choose to submit your application.
See our Key Documents Chart.
Key documents required of all applicants are:
- Official high school transcript
- Sent from school in a sealed envelope
- Includes the school's official seal or signature of an administrator
- Electronic copies are only official if sent from TRex (for Texas schools), Parchment, Naviance or the Common Application. Emailed transcripts, copies and faxes are not accepted.
- Must show grades received through the end of your junior year as well as a class rank and GPA. If your school does not rank, submit a school profile or letter from the school.
- Plan to graduate early? Send documentation from the school informing us of your intention.
- Electronic transcripts are processed in 3-5 days versus 2-4 weeks for paper transcripts. Processing time is slower around application deadlines.
- ACT and SAT scores
- Tell us your best test scores on your application for admission submitted through goBAYLOR. We will use these scores when reviewing your application file. Make sure they are accurate. Entering incorrect or false information could disqualify your application for admission.
- If you do not report your scores on your application, send them from the testing agency. Allow at least 2-3 weeks for delivery. They must be received by the deadline.
- Updated scores will be considered if received by the application deadline.
- Superscores - Baylor combines subscores from tests taken on different dates to give you an overall best score. With regards to the SAT, we will only superscore scores from the same version of the test. So old scores with old scores and new scores with new scores.
- Recommended items
- These can help enhance your file by demonstrating an understanding of Baylor's mission. Remember to submit these items through whatever application system you used to submit your application. They include:
- a résumé or ZeeMee profile
- letters of recommendation
- short answer response (750 words max.) to this question: What are you looking for in a university, why do you want to attend Baylor University, and how do you see yourself contributing to the Baylor community
- Single Choice Early Action applicants -- Short answer responses are required to complete your application file
Download our official admissions policy document