OsoFast Faculty Delivery
Hours / Contact Information
Mon - Fri:
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Mon - Fri:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Moody Library Room 104
Area code: 254
Nights & Weekends: 710-6702
To facilitate scholarship and intellectual discovery at Baylor University through physical delivery of library materials to academic departmental offices for faculty use or through Scan&Deliver electronic document delivery of articles within print collections housed in the Central Libraries
- Faculty in all Baylor academic departments, institutes, and centers, with the exceptions of the Baylor Law School and the L. Herrington School of Nursing, are eligible for OsoFast Delivery services.
- Research staff, post-doctoral appointees, and doctoral students (who teach at least one course within their academic disciplines) may also participate in OsoFast Delivery. Academic departments must send a roster of all staff and students who meet these criteria to the ILL department at [email protected] EACH semester.
- Physical delivery of library materials requires authorization by the academic department chair. Faculty members of departments with authorized service may opt out of the physical delivery at any time and may request reinstatement at a later date, if desired.
- All Faculty are automatically enrolled in Scan&Deliver electronic document delivery. Departmental authorization is not required for electronic delivery services.
- Allows faculty to maximize their time in the classroom, in the labs, or
in their offices while engaged in scholarly pursuits
- Allows faculty to maximize graduate assistant time in the lab or spent
on other scholarly tasks since they won't have to send GAs to the Moody/Jones
libraries to retrieve materials
- Provides direct delivery to departmental offices of the following items
from Moody/Jones circulating collections: monographs, theses & dissertations,
DVDs, CDs, VHS & cassette tapes, LPs, kits, and maps
- Scan&Deliver service provides electronic delivery of articles, book chapters, and microform within 24hrs of request processing
- Allows faculty to use a single interface for all ILL and OsoFast Delivery
- Access OsoFast without BearID
- Enable others to order materials on your behalf
- May create multiple proxies for different project groups
- OsoFast Delivery staff will make at least one stop in each departmental
office per day. If usage statistics indicate that daily visits are unnecessary,
we may adjust our visitation rates to a lesser frequency per week.
- OsoFast Delivery shipments and Scan&Deliver electronic documents should be delivered within 2 business days.
If Baylor's copy is NOT available on the shelf, the request is automatically
converted to an ILL request that we will try to obtain from another library.
- If BearCat shows that a desired document is currently checked out to another
person, you may use the OsoFast Delivery button (see procedures below) to
create an ILL request rather than place a hold on the local copy.
- ILL items and materials from the Central Libraries may be returned to
Access Services by depositing the items in the OsoFast Delivery bins placed
in the departmental office, or in any of the Central Libraries approved drop boxes (as with all Library and ILL items, please use discretion with fragile materials).
- Questions or comments ? contact Access Services ILL at 710-3054 or [email protected]
How to Request Physical Delivery of Baylor library materials through BearCat and OsoFast:
- Locate desired book, video, or audio item in BearCat
- Click on the Additional Resources button found in the bibliographic record
- Click the OsoFast Faculty Delivery button in the new window that opens
- Login and complete transaction just like any other OsoFast request.
Faculty may also return library materials through OsoFast Delivery. For you convenience, we will leave at least one OsoFast bin in each department's designated drop-off location at all times. Our staff will check these bins every time they make a delivery and will retrieve anything left in there for return to the library. We do not require that you wrap items for return before placing them in the bin, though we do ask you to consider packing AV materials or other fragile items to ensure their safe return.