Language Associations on the WebAssociations for Language Learning and Technology
- Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium (CALICO) - promotes language learning and technology; provides a professional journal; sponsors an e-mail discussion list; organizes an annual conference
- International Association for Language Learning Technology (IALL) - professional organization whose members provide leadership in the development, integration, evaluation and management of instructional technology for the teaching and learning of language, literature and culture
- LLA - Language Laboratory Association of Japan (LLA)
Other Associations and Organizations
- American Council on the Teching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) - founded to promote onomastics, the study of names and naming practices
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL)
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Center for Applied Linguistics - non-profit, private institution applying knowledge about language to issues of concern to educators, policymakers, and immigrant and refugee service providers.
- IES Language Foundation - children's second language specialists, providing nationwide in-curriculum and after-school language instruction to grades k-7 in Spanish, French, Japanese, German, and Mandarin Chinese.
- North American Christian Foreign Language Association - promotes Christian reflection on the teaching of and research into foreign language education and linguistics.