All students with less than 60 earned semester hours will be advised by Dr. Melanie Nogalski (last names A-L) or Mr. Adam Moore (last names M-Z) and should follow the link below to schedule an appointment. An advising appointment is required to be able to register. However, regardless of how early you schedule your appointment, you will not be able to register for classes until your assigned registration period in April.
All BIC Students should check bearweb to verify if any additional advising appointments are required. Visit your BearWeb account and select - Student Services & Financial Aid - Advisement - Advisement Contact Information. Here you will find your specific advising areas and/or Advisor.
Students in both BIC and the Honors Program with less than 30 hours earned will be advised for Honors by their BIC advisor. You are not required to make an appointment with an Honors advisor.
Sophomores in both BIC and the Honors Program (students with 30-59 completed hours) are required to be advised by an Honors Program advisor.
Juniors and Seniors in BIC should check Bearweb for the advisor in their major department. Visit your BearWeb account and select - Student Services & Financial Aid - Advisement - Advisement Contact Information. Here you will find your specific advising assignment(s). If you meet with a BIC advisor we will discuss your four-year plan, adjust your schedule as needed, or complete any BIC petitions.
Before your appointment, view Schedule of Classes to determine if the courses you need are being offered next semester. While reviewing courses, prepare for your advising appointment by listing courses you would like to take this next semester and bring your list with you to your advising appointment.
• Review your degree requirements on your Degree Audit
• Prepare a list of possible courses for next semester.
• Use Course Listings to determine if the courses are offered.
• Use the schedule grid available on BIC Connection Blackboard to plan a possible schedule.
• Bring both your degree audit and your possible schedule to your advising appointment, along with your undergraduate catalog.
• Check Bearweb to determine if you need to meet with other departments for advising, as well.
• Refer to our Major Academic Planners (MAPs) if you are thinking about changing your major.