The Baylor American Experience
Based on the Main Campus of Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Engage with the oldest, continuously operating university in the state of Texas, consistently ranked in the top 100 universities in the United States.
- Explore Texas (and American) history through unique excursions that include Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, with options to visit three U.S. Presidential Libraries or sites like NASA and the Alamo.
- Select from classes on Texas History, American Literature, American Constitutional Development, and individual research topics. Click here to see a complete list of American Studies classes offered at Baylor University.
- Attend the annual American Studies of Texas conference.
- Participate in Baylor student life!
Based on Baylor’s Washington, D.C. Campus
- Exposure to the unique setting that is Washington D.C. with coursework centered around Capitol Hill
- Explore vocational life through an internship experience in the nation’s capital
- Excursions to national sites around the DC area including, but not limited to the Smithsonian Museums and the Library of Congress, along with iconic sites such as the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, the Capitol and the White House.
- Baylor American Experience participants will be received as exchange students for Fall 2022, with tuition, fees, room and board fully paid.
- Baylor American Experience participants will be charged tuition for the Spring 2023 semester (approximately $20,000 U.S. but will receive academic scholarships equal to half of this cost upon successful completion of the Fall semester.
- Housing will be arranged in the spring semester. The approximate cost of housing will be $5200 (meals not included).
- Students should budget for any personal travel they might undertake over university breaks (Christmas, Spring Break, etc.).
- Students are expected to attend all required meetings and excursions throughout the program.
- Students must commit to the entire year. This is an integrated BU American Experience.
- The five successful applicants will spend the Fall semester on our campus among 15,000 undergraduates, while in the Spring they will join the very selective cohort of 20 BU students chosen to participate in the Baylor in D.C. program.
To be considered for this program, please email Dr. Bo White at Bo_White@baylor.edu and details will be sent to you.