Transitioning back to the world of academia after several years removed, can be challenging. Therefore, it is more important than ever to take advantage of the many wonderful resources provided at Baylor to help make your transition from 'Salute to Sic Em' successful! Listed below are a few resources to take advantage of!
- Study Calendars - We recognize that the majority of our student veterans have MANY unique demands on their time and energy outside of managing class work. Therefore, Center for Academic Success and Engagement has partnered with VETS to provide a one on one counseling session with student veterans AND their families in order to create a complete study calendar which has helped many of our student veterans with time management, communicating availability to loved ones, and the stress relief of having an organized and structured plan for accomplishing your academic goals! Email Trish_Baum@Baylor.edu to schedule your study calendar appointment today!
- Success Center Tutoring - Free tutoring for all subjects to include Accounting and Business Law, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Classics, Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Religion, and Statistics
- Baylor University Writing Center - Whether you want to work on an entire assignment or just have trouble with a few paragraphs, the Writing Center can help. The Writing Center will help improve your skills as a writer so you can apply these skills to future papers and even to your future career.
- Supplemental Instruction - Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an academic enrichment program supervised by the office of Center for Academic Success and Engagement that targets historically challenging academic courses, provides trained peer-leaders, and differs from tutoring and is not remedial.
- VA Tutoring Assistance - If you are considered "deficient" in a course you are enrolled in (meaning currently receiving a grade below what is required to move on in your major goal), then you can have the VA reimburse you for private tutoring. Just fill out the the VA Form 22-1990t and submit this to Baylor VA Benefits Office at VA_Benefits@Baylor.edu.