Dear Colleagues and Students,
Welcome to our 2020 Virtual Symposium. Please join us as we celebrate undergraduate research and creativity during our 13th-annual symposium. Our traditional format for Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Achievement (URSA) Scholars Week, in which oral presentation sessions are held in the Bill Daniel Student Center and poster presentations are conducted in the Baylor Science Building, had been planned to take place during the week of March 30 to April 3, 2020. The outbreak of COVID-19 made this traditional approach an impossibility. Over the past few weeks we have witnessed the dedication and talent of over 100 students and their mentors as they adapted to our new format. We understand that the pandemic is affecting our students, colleagues, and families in a myriad of stressful ways that made it too onerous to allow some students to participate this year. Our thoughts are with everyone in the Baylor family as we navigate this difficult time and look forward to other opportunities to celebrate their work.
Although a smaller group of presentations than in our traditional setting, our virtual symposium hosts a formidable set of platform and poster presentations, maintaining our tradition of showcasing the research excellence of our students as in past iterations of Scholars Week. We invite you to view and listen to the presentations of our excellent undergraduates and to learn about their research experiences, many of which are unique to Baylor. We would also like to extend our gratitude to the Baylor University faculty mentors who wholeheartedly support undergraduate research, even during the present crisis.
Tamarah Adair, Ph.D.,
Director of URSA, Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Pre-Health Disciplines
Nathan T. Elkins, Ph.D.,
Director of URSA, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Professional Disciplines
Instructions for Accessing the Presentations
- The URSA Virtual Symposium is divided into two main Box folders:
- Platform Presentations and Poster Presentations
- A Program with a complete list of presentations with Presenter/Title/Mentor may be Downloaded
- Each main Folder is subdivided into “Sessions” grouped together mainly by discipline
- Each session contains a hyperlink to each individual session, which contains a folder for each speaker
- Each Speaker's Folder has an Abstract and a Presentation
- PowerPoint presentations with recorded narrations will not play in Box Preview
- Download the file to your computer and play the slide show in full screen