Before You Drop a Course
Want to drop a course? Read this first.
You may drop a course without advisor approval through the 12th class day.
You will be able to drop courses via BearWeb with advisor approval from the 13th class day through the 50th class day, which is the last day to drop a class or withdraw from the University for the semester. See all Registrar's Drop Dates on the Office of the Registrar web page.
Once your advisor approves a course to be dropped:
- You will receive an email and will have a 72-hour window to drop the course in BearWeb.
- If you fail to drop the course within the 72-hour window, you will need to contact the advisor again for approval.
- Drops processed during this time period will result in a “W” notation for the course(s) on the transcript.
BearWeb will not allow you to drop all of your courses or your last remaining course.*
Before requesting to drop a class, please consider the following:
- Undergraduate Course Repeat Policy - A student can only attempt any one course up to three times. A “W” counts as an attempt. Students who receive a grade or a “W” notation cannot take this course at another institution. Some majors will have stricter repeat policies. Check your catalog for specific details.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid - You must remain in full time status and successfully complete 75% of the courses you are enrolled in beginning the 12th class day of the semester in order to remain eligible for financial aid. Contact the Student Financial Aid office at 254.710.2611 if you have questions about this.
- Refund Schedule - You can find the drop/add fee listed on the Baylor website at www.baylor.edu/sfs/droprefunds.
- Pre-professional Program Advice - Prehealth information is at www.baylor.edu/university_advisement/dropprehealth. You can find information concerning Prelaw at www.baylor.edu/prelaw/b4udrop