Program for the Future Church
A collaborative community that pilots solutions for emerging and pressing challenges facing the Church
The Program for the Future Church (PFFC) brings together professors and church and community leaders to create time and space for listening and imagining, the very things we need to pilot solutions and love the Future Church well.
Established in summer 2021, the PFFC will...
- Be a visible bridge between Truett and the Church deepening Truett’s mission to be a seminary for and alongside the Church.
- Create regular opportunities for scholars and Truett students to listen to, learn from, and lift up the stories of church and community leaders.
- Create research groups that will investigate pressing and emerging challenges facing the Church.
- Contribute to Baylor University’s aspirations to become a Tier-1 institution as a center for research and innovation.
- Host PFFC Fellows (masters, DMin, and PhD students) who will research, learn, and innovate alongside one another and professors in multiple disciplines as part of their degree programs.
- Create regular opportunities for church and community leaders to design and test experiments in their communities.
- Develop resources that will equip and prepare church and community leaders to respond to pressing and emerging challenges facing the Church.