Wesley House of Studies
"Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth.” —John Wesley
The Wesley House of Studies at Baylor University's George W. Truett Theological Seminary seeks to form and equip Christ-centered, Spirit-led students to serve churches and other institutions in the Wesleyan tradition.
What to Expect:
- A network of Wesleyan brothers and sisters in connectional ministry settings
- A center for academic research, resource, and renewal
- A nurturing community providing accountability and spiritual formation
- A deep theological grounding in the practice and works of John Wesley and the history and theology of the Methodist Church
- A developing sense of practical theology of mission and evangelism while serving alongside fellow students in opportunities both locally and abroad
- A preparedness for ordination in the Methodist or Wesleyan denominations by meeting acceptable requirements of the local Annual Conference Board of Ordained Ministry
- A community of people, ideas, and practices for fruitful and relevant ministry
- A deeper sense of calling and connection within the global Wesley faith family
WILLIAM J. ABRAHAM, DPHIL
A gifted teacher, sought-after lecturer, prolific author and ordained elder in The United Methodist Church, Abraham has taught at Seattle Pacific University, Harvard Divinity School, and Southern Methodist University. His research interests include Wesleyan and Methodist theology, Cardinal Newman, renewal movements in Christianity, ecclesiology, divine revelation, and theological education.
RUSTY FREEMAN, DMIN
Coordinator for Recruitment and Connection
Rusty is a 7th generation United Methodist ordained elder and has expertise in youth and young persons ministries, men's ministries, spiritual formation, retreats, and camps. He has served as a consultant, senior pastor, associate pastor, conference speaker, event planner, and youth pastor and founded Movement Ministries, LLC with his wife, Dr. Lane Freeman.