Wesley House of Studies
"Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth.” —John Wesley
The Wesley House of Studies at Baylor University's George W. Truett Theological Seminary seeks to form and equip Christ-centered, Spirit-led students to serve churches and other institutions in the Wesleyan tradition.
What to Expect:
- A network of Wesleyan brothers and sisters in connectional ministry settings
- A center for academic research, resource, and renewal
- A nurturing community providing accountability and spiritual formation
- A deep theological grounding in the practice and works of John Wesley and the history and theology of the Methodist Church
- A developing sense of practical theology of mission and evangelism while serving alongside fellow students in opportunities both locally and abroad
- A preparedness for ordination in the Methodist or Wesleyan denominations by meeting acceptable requirements of the local Annual Conference Board of Ordained Ministry
- A community of people, ideas, and practices for fruitful and relevant ministry
- A deeper sense of calling and connection within the global Wesley faith family
Truett Seminary is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities specifically for Methodist/Wesleyan students ranging up to full tuition. Click here to learn more about our competitive scholarship opportunities and to apply.
Wesley House Team:
KEVIN M. WATSON, PHD
An in-demand speaker and a prolific author, Dr. Watson's publications include Pursuing Social Holiness, Old or New School Methodism?, and Perfect Love. He serves as Pastor of Discipleship at First Methodist Church Waco and previously served as Associate Professor of Wesley and Methodist Studies at Emory University's Candler School of Theology.Contact Dr. Watson
RUSTY FREEMAN, DMIN
Coordinator for Recruitment and Connection
Rusty is a 7th generation United Methodist ordained elder and has expertise in youth and young persons ministries, men's ministries, spiritual formation, retreats, and camps. He has served as a consultant, senior pastor, associate pastor, conference speaker, event planner, and youth pastor and founded Movement Ministries, LLC with his wife, Dr. Lane Freeman.Contact Rusty
Rebekah is a third-year Master of Divinity student at Truett Seminary. She has been a member of the United Methodist Church since she was five years old, and she decided to pursue a life of service after being called to ministry at age 17. As part of the Wesley House, she enjoys supporting a new initiative that merges her love for the Methodist Church with her love for Truett Seminary.Contact Rebekah
WILLIAM J. ABRAHAM, DPHIL
A gifted teacher, sought-after lecturer, prolific author, and ordained elder in The United Methodist Church, Dr. Billy Abraham was named the inaugural director of the Wesley House of Studies at Baylor's Truett Seminary in 2020 and unexpectedly passed away in October 2021. Read more about Dr. Abraham's life and legacy here.