Be a Mentor
Listen. Encourage. Inspire.
A mentor of the Faith & Sport Institute is committed to journeying alongside his or her mentees in a yearlong formal mentoring relationship that begins at the June FSI Retreat. The journey the mentor and mentee embark on is one of discovery and listening — discovering how to live life faithfully to the call of Jesus Christ within the complex world of sport where multiple voices challenge the identity and formation of high school athletes and assisting your mentees as they begin to discern their vocational calling specific to God's kingdom and Church.
Who Can Be a Mentor
To be an FSI Mentor, you must be a senior in college, graduate student, or spiritual leader under 30 years of age who is passionate about sport and the theological formation of young people. You must have engaged in sports and understand competitive sport culture.
Expectations for Mentors
- Attend mentor orientation at Truett Seminary
- Mentors arrive for training Wednesday night, June 9, before the Retreat for a 3-day training and will be on campus from then on.
- Mentors are fully present through the entirety of the retreat and are committed to a yearlong mentoring relationship with students from the retreat until the following May.
- Mentors will be paid a stipend for their service during and post-retreat.
- Mentors cannot be simultaneously enrolled in a summer class or working another paid position from June 9-19 2021.
Mentor Orientation: 4:00-6:00pm, April 22, 2021
Mentor Training: June 9-12, 2021
Faith & Sport Institute Retreat: June 13-19, 2021
Applications Open: Now!