Full Tuition Scholarships
Truett Seminary offers full tuition scholarships for select incoming students (Baptist preferred) who have shown outstanding academic prowess, leadership potential, and ministry experience. These scholarships are specific to those called to serve in church ministry, missions, social work, and/or other areas of ministry. With a limited number available, the scholarships are competitive in nature.
100% tuition scholarship for 87 attempted hours of a Master of Divinity degree at Truett Seminary OR 60 attempted hours of a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree (preference is given to Master of Divinity degree seeking students)
Each applicant must submit a completed scholarship application (linked below) and a Truett Seminary admissions application. Please note that qualified applicants may be asked to participate in an interview.
Completed scholarship applications should be mailed to:
Office of Admission Services
George W. Truett Theological Seminary
One Bear Place #97126
Waco, TX 76798-7126
*At this time, all full-tuition scholarship applications (including recommendation forms) must be submitted electronically to Truett_Admissions@baylor.edu.
Deadline to Apply
Priority Deadline: December 1
Full-tuition scholarship applicants who intend to enroll in the fall semester following their admission will be given priority. Students who intend to enroll in the spring semester following their admission are eligible to apply; however, funds will not be distributed until the fall semester following their enrollment. Any student who is awarded a full tuition scholarship and defers his or her enrollment will forfeit the full tuition scholarship.
Scholarship Applications and Requirements
Truett Seminary offers five types of full-tuition scholarships (click each to download an application):
Each applicant may only apply for one of the five types of full-tuition scholarships. Applicants should choose the scholarship type that best fits their qualifications.
Applicants for all five scholarships must fulfill each of the following requirements in order to be considered for an award:
- Baptist denominational affiliation preferred (to meet this requirement, download and submit the First-Year Church Certification Form)
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25
- Completed admissions application
- Completed scholarship application, which includes a reference form that reflects evidence of ministry experience supported by involvement in BSM, church ministry, and/or student missions
In addition to the above requirements, applicants for the below scholarships must meet the listed qualifications:
- Hold a degree from Baylor University
Texas Baptist Leadership Scholarship
- Demonstrated leadership within a Texas Baptist ministry
- Completed scholarship application that includes a reference form reflecting evidence of ministry experience supported by involvement in BSM or other Texas Baptist ministry; this reference should be a BSM Director of other Texas Baptist ministry leader
African American Baptist Scholarship
- Identify as African American, African, Caribbean, Black, or of African descent
- Demonstrated involvement in Baptist ministry
- Completed scholarship application that includes a reference form reflecting evidence of ministry experience supported by active and continuing contribution to Baptist ministry
Texas Hispanic Baptist Scholarship
- Active membership in a church affiliated with the Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas with involvement in the church’s Hispanic-related ministry
- If selected, the recipient of the scholarship must attend the Annual Meeting of the Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas
For more information, interested students should contact Admission Services at Truett_Admissions@baylor.edu or 254-710-7334.