Application & Admission
Master of Divinity or its equivalent
3.0 GPA (on a 4 point scale)
At least three years of full time experience following the completion of the first graduate theological degree.
- Strong affirmation from the congregation where you serve.
- 4 Letters of recommendation - 1 of which from a professor and 1 from a pastor.
- Writing Sample in Theology or Biblical Exegesis. Write a 2800+ word academic paper on a theological topic or an exegetical paper on a specific biblical text. Footnotes must show evidence of Master level research. The purpose of this paper is to show your ability to research and write. Your paper is considered on the basis of research, content, informed reflection, valid conclusions, form and style (Turabian or SBL). You are welcome to refit one of the strongest papers you wrote during your Master of Divinity studies.
- Brief Life in Ministry Summary. Give a 250-300 word account of how you spend your time on an average week. Include a summary of your reading habits, titles you have read during the last two years, and three books beyond the Bible that have influenced your life and ministry.
- Theology of Ministry Paper. Give a 1200 word account of your theology of ministry. Include a statement on your calling and on how you see a Doctor of Ministry degree will further enhance your development of this call and ongoing ministry.
- Pastoral Reflection Paper. To show your ability to reflect theologically on a particular ministry situation/dilemma, choose a pastoral care situation from your own ministry experience and describe your ministerial approach and theological reasoning in 800-900 words.
- Health Form
- Applicants will be invited for a personal interview by the Doctor of Ministry Committee after a careful review of the application.
Final approval for admission is given by the Faculty and the Dean of Truett Seminary.