Transfer Students

Any student who has taken courses at an accredited seminary (or approved university graduate program) may apply to receive transfer credit. Prospective students must first apply to Truett Seminary before applying for transfer credit. The Transfer Credit application does not take the place of your application to Truett.

Apply for Transfer Credit

*All decisions regarding transfer credit are made at the discretion of the Academic Dean.

Students who have completed another degree at an accredited seminary or approved university may apply for transfer credit at Truett Seminary. However, not more than half the credits required for another graduate degree will be transferred and transfer hours will not exceed one-third of the total Truett degree (please see the maximum number of hours Truett will accept by degree listed below). For students who have taken courses in another program but not completed another degree:

  • Up to 30 semester hours of transfer credit may apply toward the MDiv degree
  • Up to 21 hours of transfer credit may be applied toward the MACM degree
  • Up to 15 hours of transfer credit may be applied toward the MTS degree

Transfer credit may be considered for our Master of Arts programs on a case-by-case basis.  MA students should contact their program director in additional to submitting an application for transfer credit.

In all cases, grades earned on transfer hours are not included in the calculation of a student’s grade point average. Only courses taken at accredited institutions are transferable, and the courses must have been taken within the past six years. No grade lower than a "B" or its equivalent will be transferred from another institution. Courses taken in residence at Baylor University’s Truett Seminary may not be repeated at another institution for degree credit. Also, students who are on academic suspension are not eligible to take courses elsewhere for transfer to the seminary.

Once transfer credit has gone through in place of a required class on your degree plan, you may not take that class again for credit at Truett. Transfer credits will be applied after a student has completed at least one successful semester at Truett.

Students who are interested in receiving transfer credit should apply using the link above. An official transcript from your previous institute will be required for your application. Contact Jo Ann Sharkey Reinowski in the Office of Academic Services with questions.

George W. Truett Theological Seminary