What Should I Be Reading?
For this special edition of “What Should I Be Reading?” we highlight a variety of books authored and co-authored by the Truett Seminary faculty. Our faculty’s expertise ranges from Psalms to new media to Martin Luther to spiritual formation to a dozen subjects in between. Each publication makes a unique contribution to the world of theological education and ministry practice.
Complete List of Books from the Slide Show Above
- Engaging the Christian Scriptures: An Introduction to the Bible (2014), Andrew Arterbury, W.H. Bellinger, Jr., and Derek S. Dodson
- Reading Karl Barth for the Church (2019), Kimlyn Bender
- Urban Ministry Reconsidered: Contexts and Approaches (2018), Stephanie Boddie, R. Drew Smith, Ronald E. Peters (Editors)
- Martin Luther and the Seven Sacraments: A Contemporary Protestant Reappraisal (2017) Brian Brewer
- Family Systems and Congregational Life: A Map for Ministry (2019) R. Robert Creech
- A Theology of Mark (2015) David E. Garland
- Always On: Practicing Faith in a New Media Landscape (2019) Angela Gorrell
- Essentials of Christian Thought: Seeing Reality through the Biblical Story (2018) Roger E. Olson
- Spiritual Companioning: A Guide to Protestant Theology and Practice (2015) Angela Reed, Richard Osmer, and Marcus Smucker
- Sport and Spirituality (2019) John White and Scott Kretchmar (Editors)
- Ancient African Christianity (2017) David Wilhite