Every Teal Residential College resident is expected to:
- Meet all requirements necessary to remain in good academic standing within the School of Engineering and Computer Science or the Louise Herrington School of Nursing Undergraduate Program (as stated in the Baylor University Undergraduate catalog). If you fall below a 2.0 GPA on any given semester, then you may be removed from the Teal Residential College.
- Participate in and contribute to events planned for Teal Residential College students (Community Dinners, College Council Programming, Floor specific activities, etc.).
- Pay the $100 fee for programs and activities that specifically benefit Teal Residential College students (this fee is added to each semester bill).
- All Teal Residential College residents, regardless of classification, are required to have a meal plan as specified by Dining Services.
- Contribute to an environment where academics and spiritual growth can flourish.
- Treat ALL roommates and members of Teal Residential College with dignity and respect.
- Remain an engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, or pre-nursing major. If you switch majors, then you may be asked to leave at the end of the academic year.
- Accepted first-year students are required to make a two-year housing commitment to Teal Residential College.
- Make every effort to attend the Engineering and Computer Science Line Camp (for incoming ECS students).
- Adhere to the expectations set forth by the Teal Residential College Community Covenant (stated below).
We, the members of the Gordon Teal Residential College, commit ourselves to the glorification of God through service to one another and the development of our God-given abilities. Recognizing that our community is a gift, we will exercise careful stewardship of our academic and spiritual resources. We will strive to exemplify the virtues of the Christian faith and the values of Baylor University. In remembrance of this covenant, we will assemble together to break bread. Esteeming others higher than ourselves, we pledge to encourage, support, and challenge those around us in order to create a loving environment for residents to call home.
Students must also abide by the "General Expectations for Baylor Students" which can be found at this web site:
Noncompliance with community standards and expectations can be grounds for removal from Teal Residential College.