Transfer Success Scholarships
Identifying financial aid and scholarships is often a priority for transfer students. The Student Financial Services office offers several helpful resources including an explanation of aid types, scholarship listing, affordability guide and much more! Look around their website for more information or contact them.
Transfer Student Success also offers two scholarship opportunities for incoming transfer students.
- If transferring from McLennan Community College, you may apply to the MCC Transfer Engagement Scholarship here.
- All other incoming transfer students may apply to the Transfer Engagement Scholarship.
Transfer Engagement Scholarship
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Students eligible to apply for the Transfer Engagement Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements.
- Accepted to Baylor University and deposited with Undergraduate Admissions
- Have at least 24 credit hours from a previous institution of higher education post high school
- Earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA from a previous institution of higher education AND
- Plan to enroll full time at Baylor University starting the 2022-2023 academic year
(Note: students who are transferring from McLennan Community College will only be considered for the MCC Transfer Engagement Scholarship)
What is the Application Process Like?
Students must complete the application no later than June 26th at 12:00 midnight. A scholarship committee will review the scholarships starting June 27th. Announcements will be sent in early July. In order to be fully considered for this scholarship, a student must have their FAFSA and CSS profile submitted to financial aid by June 26th.
If additional opportunities are available for Spring 2023 transfer students, they will be posted here mid-Fall.
How Much is the Scholarship?
- $1,500 per semester ($3,000 per year)
- Renewable for up to 4 years
What are the Requirements to Maintain the Transfer Engagement Scholarship?
- Remain in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Meet with Transfer Student Success Program Director 2 times the first semester
- Attend Transfer Welcome Week
- Participate in the Transfer Mentor Program (additional application required)
Year Two (and beyond):
Year two, the scholarship recipient must follow the requirement guidelines of the "Student Engagement Scholarship" which include
- Remaining in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Completing the Student Engagement Scholarship renewal form
- Appy to serve as a transfer leader
Where Can I Apply?
Who Can I Contact to Ask Questions?
Please email Transfer_Success@baylor.edu for more information.