McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship
Baylor University has established the McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship in order to aid with the affordability and engagement of MCC transfer students to Baylor University. This scholarship, worth $1,500 per semester, is designed to promote a strong transfer student transition and add to the foundational relationship between MCC and Baylor in the future.
Where Can I Apply?
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Students eligible to apply for the McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements.
- Accepted to Baylor University and deposited with Undergraduate Admissions
- Have at least 24 credit hours from McLennan Community College post high school
- Earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA from McLennan Community College AND
- Plan to enroll full time at Baylor University starting the 2021-2022 academic year
What is the Application Process Like?
Students must complete the application no later than June 24th at 12:00 midnight.  A scholarship committee will review the scholarships between June 25th. Announcements will be sent in early July. In order to be fully considered for this scholarship, a student must have their FAFSA and CSS profile submitted to financial aid by June 24th.If additional opportunities are available for Spring 2022 transfer students, they will be posted here mid-Fall.
How Many Scholarships Are Available?
We have 10 scholarships available for the Fall 2021 semester.
How Much is the Scholarship Worth?
- $1,500 per semester ($3,000 per year)
- Renewable for up to 4 years
What are the Requirements to Maintain the MCC Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship?
- Remain in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Meet with Transfer Student Success Program Director 2 times the first semester
- Attend Transfer Welcome Week
- Participate in the Transfer Mentor Program (additional application required)
Year Two (and beyond):
Year two, the scholarship recipient must follow the requirement guidelines of the "Student Engagement Scholarship" which include
- Remaining in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Completing the Student Engagement Scholarship renewal form
- Appy to serve as an "MCC Student Ambassador" each semester through Transfer Admissions
- If students are not offered an MCC Student Ambassador position, other opportunities can be offered to fulfill the requirements to keep this scholarship
Who Can I Contact to Ask Questions?
Please email Transfer_Success@baylor.edu for more information.