Baylor University has created Baylor Bound agreements with a number of institutions across Texas in order to expanding educational opportunities for the people of Texas. While Baylor University has received transfer students from these great institutions for years, we all desired to strengthen the ties by establishing a transfer agreement for the benefit of students and the state of Texas. The program is intended to serve students who will transfer to Baylor University.
In order to ease the process of transferring students and to foster academic relationships between Baylor and the other institutions, Baylor provides appropriate transfer equivalency guides (Major Academic Planners--MAPs) to identify courses that may transfer to Baylor from these institutions.
Major Academic Planners (MAPs) provide only a suggested sequence of courses for the indicated major and are subject to curriculum changes by the respective academic departments. Additionally, actual course sequence will vary according to possible second major, minor, other program of study (including pre-health), and individual circumstances (ex., transfer credit, dual credit, and credit by exam). Below are some important notes concerning the use of these MAPs within the Baylor Bound Program.
- Most MAPs for the majors in Baylor Bound accommodate a 1+3 year plan, that is to say that a student would take 1 year of courses at the community college and 3 years at Baylor. However, some students may be approved by the advisor to follow a 2+2 year plan at the end of the first year, depending upon the major chosen and the number of transfer credit or credit by exam hours completed prior to enrolling in Baylor Bound.
- Some may need to consider traditional transfer rather than this program depending on their planned major and/or the number of completed hours towards that major.
- Some plans may need to include summer courses depending on a student's need for remediation courses, hours required in the academic program at Baylor, and the student's graduation goal.
- Students will fulfill the Baylor degree requirements as listed in the catalog of the year of enrollment in the Baylor Bound program. Baylor Admission Services will make sure that the catalog term is set for the year of entry into the program.
- Some MAPS may specify requirements in addition to courses.
- Course selection is subject to availability within each semester.
- For more specific information on general requirements, see the
Blinn College Baylor Bound MAPS