The Transfer Year Experience Program Director, along with Financial Aid review all incoming transfer students accepted into the Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center to see if they are eligible for the Transfer Year Experience Scholarship. This scholarship has the maximum award of $3,000 per academic year ($1,500 per semester) and is renewable for up to 6 additional semesters at Baylor.
Scholarship Criteria: All incoming transfer students approved to live in the Transfer Year Experience will automatically be reviewed for this scholarship. In order to receive the scholarship the Financial Aid Office reviews your need level as based on your FAFSA and your completed CSS Profile. If you have the financial need, and we have scholarships remaining, you will receive the scholarship.
Maintaining the Scholarship During the First Year: There are some requirements to keep the scholarship during the first year. All of the requirements are designed to help transfer student maximize their experience at Baylor (updated Fall 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions).
- Live in, and be an active participant in the TYE Community. (Go to events, get involved, have fun!)
- Remain in good academic standing (2.5 or higher) at Baylor University
- Remain in good disciplinary standing at Baylor University
- Move in during your scheduled time slot, and attend Transfer Welcome Week before classes begin.
- Complete the TYE Passport Program-
- Go to at least 1 TYE TED Talk
- Take the New2BU Survey
- Meet one-on-one with your mentor at least 2 times throughout the semester.
- Choose at least 1 additional:
- Meet one-on-one with the Program Director or Graduate Apprentice
- Go to at least 1 TYE Career & Professional Development event or 1 additional TYE Ted Talk
Maintaining the Scholarship After Your First Year: The TYE scholarship is a one year scholarship, however students are able to renew this scholarship to receive a Student Engagement Scholarship for 6 additional semesters. Students may maintain their Student Engagement Scholarship through a variety of high impact engagement opportunities. You can find out more about the Student Engagement Scholarship here.