Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center
One of the hallmarks of the Baylor experience is the residential experience we offer. You simply cannot replicate the experience you would have living on campus. Whether you are building close-knit relationships, discovering your leadership potential, or getting to know our live-in faculty, we want transfer students to experience the joys of living on campus. For these reasons and others, we would highly encourage you to consider living on campus in the Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center!
The Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center (TYE-LLC) is the only on-campus housing option led by and exclusively for transfer students. In the TYE you will have the opportunity to live alongside other transfer students within an environment specifically designed to support you through your transition to Baylor and the Waco community. Upon successful completion of your first year, you may return to help lead future transfer students as they transition to Baylor.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in the TYE-LLC
- Higher GPA- Students who live in the TYE-LLC earn a higher GPA than transfer students living elsewhere.
- A community where you belong- Live with other students who have transferred to Baylor University and understand what you are going through.
- TYE Scholarship- Each year we offer 100 scholarships, worth $3,000 to new transfer students living in the TYE-LLC
- Events designed for you- We plan fun and education transfer-specific events and activities
- Finishing what you started- Students who live in the TYE-LLC during their first year at Baylor are more likely to stay and complete their Baylor degree than transfer students who live elsewhere.