Our Progress

Implementation of the comprehensive recommendations that resulted from Pepper Hamilton’s independent investigation began in June 2016. Faculty, staff and students from across the University joined together in implementation teams to address the identified areas of improvement.

By March 2017, 80 percent of the recommendations were completed or operationalized by responsible departments. The remaining 20 percent were in various stages of work; all will be completed and/or operationalized. An internal audit will be conducted to ensure full implementation and sustainability of improvements.

News and Updates

Dec
14
2018
Baylor’s continued commitment to effectively addressing issues of sexual assault and interpersonal violence, including Title IX and Clery implementation, incorporates building on the key accomplishments and initiatives outlined below. The University has undergone numerous successful reviews of the implementation of 105 recommendations for improvement made by the group who thoroughly investigated our past response – including an external verification initiated by the University to ensure full implementation and an independent review of the implementation of improvements by the Big 12 Conference, which also found the University successful in completing the changes. Additionally, Baylor’s accrediting body, SACSCOC, affirmed Baylor’s progress and accredited the University through 2027. Continued improvement in our processes, policies and support for our students is an ongoing priority of Baylor University.
Dec
11
2018
I am pleased to share with you the good news that Baylor University has received official reaffirmation of its 10-year institutional accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the recognized regional accrediting body in 11 southern states and Latin America for higher education institutions that award associate, baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees.
Oct
30
2018
I am pleased to report that the Big 12 Conference has completed its Verification Review of Baylor University’s 105 recommendations in response to past reports of sexual assault and interpersonal violence within our campus community and has confirmed all recommendations as complete and implemented.
Feb
8
2018
WACO, Texas (Feb. 8, 2018) – A team of assessors from the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) will be on campus Sunday, March 11, as the Baylor University Police Department (BUPD) seeks IACLEA accreditation—a highly prized recognition of campus public safety professional excellence.
Dec
5
2017
We are pleased to announce that the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) has finalized its review of Baylor University and today officially lifted the University's warning sanction, which was instituted last December.
Nov
3
2017
An external review has found that Baylor University has effectively implemented the 105 Recommendations. From all walks of the University community – students, faculty, staff, senior leadership, the President, and the Board of Regents – the reviewers have seen tremendous effort and engagement that has met or exceeded the tasks set forth in the recommendations.
Nov
2
2017
Today, we are releasing the results of Baylor University’s student-based 2017 Social Climate Survey from the Spring 2017 semester. The study, which focused on harassment, stalking, dating and sexual violence, and overall campus climate, provides a deeper view into the perceptions and experiences of Baylor students affected by those issues.
Oct
24
2017
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep the Baylor Family informed and engaged, we want to take an opportunity to provide a few brief updates following last week’s quarterly Board of Regents meeting.
Oct
20
2017
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding SACSCOC Accreditation.
Oct
20
2017
WACO, Texas (Oct. 20, 2017) – During its annual Homecoming meeting, the Baylor University Board of Regents heard updates from Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone on the University’s recent successful accreditation visit, academic strategic planning process and new organizational changes, and celebrated the recipients of the 2017 Baylor Meritorious Achievement Awards.