Online Lecture FAQs
Online Lecture Common Questions and Information
- • How do I attend online lectures?
- Professors should post instructions in Canvas for how they want students to access live-online lectures.
- Professors should also post information about recorded videos or lectures in Canvas.
- • Should I take notes when watching live-online lectures or recorded videos?
- Yes! Pretend that you are still attending class in-person.
- Take notes while watching live or recorded lectures the same way you took notes in an in-person class.
- • Should I read PowerPoints if a professor posts them on canvas?
- Yes. The PowerPoints can help you figure out which topics, vocabulary, people, charts/diagrams, etc. are most important for each chapter.
- This does not mean that you should only study the PowerPoint, but it will give you a starting place.
- • How do I know what to read in an online class?
- Check the syllabus for assigned chapter readings or additional articles posted in Canvas.
- Check announcements page on Canvas.
- If you have any question about assigned readings, contact your professor.