HESI A2 Nursing Test
Updated 07/31/2020: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all test administrations in the Student Testing Center at Baylor University have been suspended through at least mid-August. We will reevaluate periodically, so please check back for future updates. If you have further questions, please call 254-710-2061 and leave a message including your telephone number. A member of our staff will return your call ASAP. If you prefer, you may send an email to email@example.com.
Applicants to the Baylor School of Nursing may take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam at Baylor University's Waco testing center, at another school, or at a Prometric testing site. Registration for testing through a Prometric testing site is online and separate from Baylor University. Refer to this website for more information (including information on Prometric testing): Baylor School of Nursing.
Please note that it is your responsibility to know which sections of the HESI test you need to take for the school(s) you are applying.
The computerized HESI-A2 is offered at Baylor University in Waco:
- Clifton Robinson Tower, Suite 540
- Physical Address: 700 South University Parks Dr, Waco 76706 (Exit 335-B off I-35)
- Customer Parking is available in front and back of the building and on top of the parking garage.
- There is a maximum time of three and one-half hours to complete the required test sections.
NOTE - due to COVID-19, we will have limited testing spots available this fall. HESI A2 testing is also available via Prometric. Please follow the directions on the Baylor School of Nursing website to arrange your exam with Prometric: Baylor School of Nursing
To Schedule a Test
Test Fee and Payment
- All exams must be pre-arranged with our office.
- Call our office at 254-710-2061 to discuss open testing dates.
- Office hours 8 am-12 noon and 1 pm to 5 pm (closed 12-1).
Set Up Evolve Account (if you do not already have one)
- Cost of test is $60 ($70 for exams with critical thinking)
- Payment method:
- Credit Card...after you have secured a testing date with our office, we will send you a confirmation email with a link for making payment online using a credit card.
- If you cancel your testing date and request a refund, there will be a $5 processing fee deducted from the refund.
Things to bring on test day
- You MUST set up your Evolve account prior to arriving on test day.
- To do this go to https://www.hesiinet.com, click on 'Take my exam', then 'I do not have an Evolve account'.
- After filling in your personal information you will be given your user name and password. Remember this in order to expedite your login on test day.
Things NOT to bring on test day
- Photo ID (such as Driver's License or Student ID)
- Copy of Payment Receipt
- Your username/password for your Evolve account (see above)
- Calculator - an integrated calculator will be accessible from the HESI test screens.
- Textbooks, Study Guides, any form of reference material
- Scratch paper or pencils - BU will provide
- Cell phone - no cell phones are allowed in the testing room
- Students will be given a copy when the test is completed.
- Should student need a copy of the report at a later date, they can access the report online at the HESI website.
- Students applying to the Baylor University School of Nursing may only test once per semester, with a maximum of three attempts. A 60 day waiting period is required between tests.
- At Baylor Campus Bookstore
- To check stock in Bookstore call 254-710-6967
- HESI Study Guide - 'Admission Assessment Exam Review', ISBN # 9781455703333
- You may also purchase an Admission Assessment study guide by calling 1.800.545.2522 and request the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam Review or go to: Purchase Study Guide - search for ISBN # 9781455703333.
For further information: Louise Herrington School of Nursing