- Grades are not given for credit earned by examination, nor is this credit
used to calculate the Baylor grade point average.
- Credits are entered on the student's permanent academic record after official
enrollment unless the student waives credit.
- Unsuccessful attempts to earn CBE will not be recorded on the student's
- Credit may not be earned by examination in any course previously
audited or for which a grade has been earned (this includes "W" grades).
- The Academic Registration closing date is the last day a student is permitted
to establish CBE for a course in which the student is enrolled.
- CBE may be used to meet prerequisites for advanced courses.
- Any prerequisite for a course must be satisfied prior to the examination
in that course.
- CBE satisfies degree requirements in the same way as credit earned by passing
courses, but it does not apply to the sixty-hour residence requirement. There
is no limit to the amount of credit that can be earned by examination.
- CBE received elsewhere by students transferring to Baylor will be accepted
only if the examinations and resulting scores meet Baylor's minimum requirements for receiving credit.
- CBE will automatically be waived if the student takes the course for which
CBE credit was earned.
- CBE will not be granted in a lower level course once credit has been awarded,
by classwork or examination, in a more advanced course.
- To retake an examination after enrollment at Baylor, the student must wait
at least three months and receive departmental approval.
- Currently enrolled Baylor students must receive a petition to take credit by exam for a 3000- or 4000-level course during your last 30 hours.
- To list Baylor (code number 6032) as the score recipient on all College
- To verify that any credit received is based on accurate test data and agrees
with the information provided on this website.
- To provide official supplementary test reports to the Testing Center if
Baylor was not designated as the original score recipient.
- To change the class schedule if credit is granted in a course for which
a student has already registered.
To have your Advanced Placement (AP) scores sent to Baylor:
- Call AP at 888-225-5427
- Request your scores be sent to Baylor (College code #6032)
For more information on testing please contact the Testing Coordinator, Jana Marak:
Office phone: 254-710-2061