Bank Accounts Outside Baylor University

If a student organization opens an off-campus bank account, the bank will ask for the organization's tax identification number, also called the Employer Identification Number. If the organization has been deemed tax-exempt by the IRS or the organization is able to use the number of a parent organization, then the tax-exempt number should be used. Registration with and official recognition by Baylor University as a chartered student organization does not give a student organization the right to use Baylor's tax identification number. Only University offices and departments may use Baylor University's tax identification number. If the student organization needs to apply for a tax identification number, it will need to complete a SS-4 form for the IRS. The organization can obtain the form on the IRS website at