Violations of Copyright and Trademark Guidelines
Violators of the established policy will be subject to the following sanctions:
- For unapproved, but approvable, product designs, a 10% fine on the cost of the product will be imposed. Distribution of the product shall be stopped until the design is approved and the fine is paid. All fines will be used at the discretion of the Department of Student Activities.
- For unapproved and unapprovable product designs, the organization will not be able to sell or distribute the product and must pay a 10% fine on the cost of the product. All fines will be used at the discretion of the Department of Student Activities. In addition, one or more of the following sanctions may be imposed:
- If the product can be corrected (overprinted), the organization may be allowed to distribute the product once a 10% fine is paid.
- For design problems that cannot be corrected, the product will be collected and destroyed by Student Activities.
- Additional fines and/or ban on future t-shirts and other products will be imposed.