Official Catering Policy
Baylor University, in partnership with Baylor Dining Services, has extended the catering options on campus to include off-campus and on-campus vendors. Although Baylor Dining Services still remains the preferred provider of all food and beverage for the campus community and is still recommended for any catering function or affair on campus, approved off-campus caterers may be used as described in this policy.
- Baylor’s Department of Institutional Events maintains on its website a list of University approved offcampus caterers. Visit http://www.baylor.edu/events/index.php?id=97960 for this information.
- There is no exception to the approved list of off-campus caterers or service providers (i.e., you may not use any off-campus caterer that is not on the approved list for any campus catering needs).
- Off-campus caterers will not be authorized to use production facilities, kitchens, or pantries furnished and/or managed by Baylor Dining Services. Those facilities are:
- Bill Daniel Student Center (1st floor kitchen, 2nd floor production facility)
- Brooks, Memorial, East Village Dining Commons, and Penland Residential Dining Facilities
- McMullen-Connally Faculty Center, Mayborn Museum, and Truett Seminary
- Student organizations using off-campus caterers are responsible to ensure compliance for the following:
- Baylor University PepsiCo Beverage contract
- Not using production facilities, kitchens, or pantries furnished and/or managed by Baylor Dining Services (see the Information about Off Campus Caterers section for specific locations)
- Baylor’s Campus Solicitation Policy
- Proper clean-up and disposal of trash, etc. from the event. The sponsoring student organizations will be charged housekeeping fees if the facility is not properly cleaned up by the off-campus caterer
- Not selling, serving, or offering alcoholic beverages on campus
- Facility where their event is being held will allow off campus caterers to cater events
- Notifying the appropriate campus units for the following services (if applicable):
- Facility lock and unlock
- Table and chair order and setup/breakdown
- Audio/visual services and equipment
- HVAC services