Student Organization Service and/or Mission Trips]
For international mission/service trips:
- Coordinate all ministry efforts and mission trip objectives with the Department of Spiritual Life and the Director for Missions
- A full-time faculty or staff member must commit to serve as director for the trip
- Following approval by the Director for Missions, a trip proposal must be submitted to the Center for International Education (http:www.baylor.edu/cie) no later than six months prior to departure.
- The full-time faculty or staff member appointed as director for the trip must complete a formal training experience, provided by the Department of Spiritual Life. Please note that international mission/service trips will not be approved until the director completes the training experience.
- All team members are required to attend an orientation provided by BU Missions prior to departure.
- Submit on Online Event Registration Form (https://www.baylor.edu/student_activities/organizations/index.php?id=38179) for the trip no less than three months prior to the departure date
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set by BU Missions, CIE and Risk Management.
*This new policy regarding international service and/or mission trips may be found on page 24 of the 2011-2012 Student Organization Policy and Procedure Manual. This policy takes effect at the start of the fall 2011 semester.