- Learn About Us
- Attend an Event
- Get Involved
- Plan For Gameday
- See Our Spaces
You’ve made it through the first week of classes… but now what. Go home? Drive to Dallas? Neither! Stick around Wacotown over Labor Day weekend! From opening the football season to amazing food, we’ve got you covered – at a discounted rate. Check off a few spots below and it’ll be one of the best weekends of the year!
Festivities begin Thursday and run through Monday! See below for the latest details.
To unlock the incentives at locations below you must present your student ID.
College football is back! Your Bears take the field for the first time this season on Saturday! Pick up your Line Jersey and check out the Ultimate Student Tailgate at McLane. For complete details, visit the official Kickoff Weekend website! #SicEm
At Baylor, we believe you were created to connect. Late Night is an opportunity to learn more about many of Baylor’s student organizations. From the Wakeboard Club to Greek Life, find your community on Friday, August 30th, from 9 PM to midnight. To learn more, visit the Late Night website.
8:30 PM, SUB Bowl, join Justin Smith and Pikachu (Ryan Reynolds) as they solve a mystery together. #GottaCatchEmAll To learn more, click here.
The only people who say, “There’s nothing to do in Waco,” haven’t taken an adventure. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
• Downtown Farmer’s Market: Saturday, August 31st; From 9:00 AM to Noon, join us at the Farmers Market and receive a $5 voucher for use with any vendor while supplies last! Waco Downtown Farmers Market is located at 500 Washington Avenue, across the street from the courthouse. Find us under the tent at the Student Activities table! Bring student ID.
• Waco Tours: Reserve your spot on an official Waco tour and test your local knowledge! No seriously, these tours are a blast. Visit site to book and mention Staycation discount. Bring student ID.
• Historic Waco Foundation: As the heart of Texas, Wacotown has a ton of history! Visit the Historic Waco Foundation at a discounted rate to learn more about your second home.
• REFIT: Just because it’s the weekend doesn’t mean you can’t get some work in. Check out this one-of-a-kind fitness experience! See link for booking options.
Waco’s got a food scene, and it’s legit. Show your Baylor ID at the following haunts and dives to enjoy some ridiculously goodlocal fare.
• Waco Cha: “Bridging cultures, creating communiTEA through premium handcrafted bubble milk tea.” Need we say more? Check their site for location and times.
• Helberg BBQ: “Salt, pepper, and a whole lot of prayer.” Texas Monthly says it’s one of the state’s best new BBQ joints, so it looks like lunch plans are confirmed.
• World Cup Café and Fair Trade Market: Mission Waco has been supporting Waco’s community needs for a long time. Now, you can support them just by eating!
• Milo: Snazzy place and a killer menu!
• Hecho En Waco: Downtown Tex-Mex with a local flair. SO GOOD.
• La Fiesta: They’ve been serving Tex-Mex in Wacotown since ’63, so clearly they’re doing something right.
• 3 Spoons: Is it the best yogurt in Wacotown? You decide.
• Bru Coffee: There’s some darn good coffee in Waco, try something off the beaten path.
• Fazolis: Bread sticks, y’all. So many bread sticks.
• Franklin Ave Mac House: Crazy-good mac and cheese amalgamations!
• Luna Juice Bar: Owner, Summer Shine (yup) has these juice combos dialed in. Good option after you hit up that REFIT discount or to quench your thirst before kickoff.
• Olive Branch: Just incredible food. Also, a killer weekend brunch menu.
Stop by these fine establishments to nail that new look for gameday or finish up your back to school shopping. These boutiques are offering discounts and gifts to students who show their Baylor ID!