In 2018-2019, Student Foundation continued our nearly 50-year tradition as a prestigious pillar of the student leadership experience by serving the Baylor community in key ways.
Student Foundation Scholarships
- Awarded over $290,000 in scholarships to 98 deserving students
- Achieved 100% member support to fund a full Student Foundation scholarship while also securing over $6,000 in matching funds
- Received over $212,000 in endowed scholarship gifts from 200+ donors
- Raised more than than $46,000 for our annual scholarship fund
- Ended with a valuation of $4.75 million for 90 Endowed Student Foundation Scholarships
"I have felt a calling to ministry and with the Student Foundation Scholarship, I am able to pursue that calling with a major in religion. I would be unable to afford the cost of my degree if it wasn't for this scholarship and I am extremely grateful to be a recipient."
Noah Torr, Sophomore Religion student from Cedar Park, TX
Among Student Foundation’s highest priorities is building community around campus. We hosted fun-filled campus programs, including
- Homecoming Parade Grandstands to provide a superior parade viewing experience for Baylor alumni and friends
- The All-University Thanksgiving Dinner & Fall Festival which annually welcomes around 9,000 members of the Baylor family
- The 17th annual Bearathon which averages 2,000 runners and $25,000 for scholarships each year
"The Bearathon was a wonderful experience to showcase all of the different types of leadership and commitment within Student Foundation. The event allowed me to see just how intrinsic our work is to the Baylor community and how fortunate we are as a university to have such a great relationship with the city of Waco."
Amelia Baumgardner, Former Student Foundation Co-President and
Honors student in Communication Sciences and Disorders
In addition to guiding campus tours, we assisted with more than 65 recruitment events, including 40 college fairs, around the State of Texas and throughout the nation.
"I love getting to travel around Texas and around the country sharing with high schoolers how much I love Baylor. Even getting to tell one potential student how Baylor has impacted my life is so fun!"
Anna Beth Mann, Former Student Recruitment Co-Chair
and Non-Profit Marketing major, Religion minor
Cultivating Servant Leaders
Our student leaders answer the call to serve as Baylor’s premiere community builders and ambassadors to alumni, friends and prospective Bears. Student Foundation alumni depart campus equipped as leaders with the skill and motivation to serve their alma mater, their communities and their world.
"Being able to work with different groups on campus to help put on events like the All-University Thanksgiving Dinner made me feel connected to my peers and campus in a unique way. It is rewarding to reach out to and help over 8,000 students."
Austin Dobbs, Former Student Foundation Co-President and
Political Science major