- Learn About Us
- Attend an Event
- Get Involved
- Plan For Gameday
- See Our Spaces
1. Who is allowed to participate in the Sic 'Em 6K and half marathon?
Anyone 15 years old or older who has completed registration may participate in the half marathon races.
Anyone 8 years old or older who has completed registration may participate in the Sic 'Em 6K.
2. How much is the Sic 'Em 6K and half marathon?
Pricing can be found here. Prices will increase as the date of the race approaches.
3. What time does the race begin this year?
4. Can I register in-person the day of the race?
We are not allowing walk-up race registrations the morning of the race.
5. Are pets allowed in the race?
Yes! Dogs are allowed to participate in the Sic 'Em 6K. Pets are not allowed in the half marathon. All dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and must be noted on the registration form. Failure to do so will result in dismissal of both the runner and the dog.
Owners must be prepared to pick up after their pets.
6. When will I receive my Bearathon gear?
Certain gear is provided in your registration packet. Additional gear can be purchased on the Bearathon merchandise website, which will launch soon.
7. Is the race in-person this year?
Currently, the race is planned to be held in-person. The university constantly monitors the latest information pertaining to the COVD-19 virus and bases practices on input from trusted sources such as the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, the Centers for Disease Control, and Baylor's own medical experts.
8. Are masks required for the event?
At this time, masks will not be required to participate in either race. The university constantly monitors the latest information pertaining to the COVD-19 virus and bases practices on input from trusted sources such as the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, the Centers for Disease Control, and Baylor's own medical experts.
9. Can I get a refund? What is the runner cancellation policy?
Similar to many of the country's biggest races, due to the significant costs incurred during the planning process, refunds are not provided, registration is non-transferrable, and registration cannot be extended to a future year.
10. Can I bring a stroller with children?
Only Sic ’Em 6K participants may utilize a stroller.
11. Will there be pace groups?
Yes! The half marathon will feature pace groups.
12. How will I be notified of changes due to inclement weather, disaster, etc.?
The race homepage (baylor.edu/bearathon) will also be updated regularly.
13. Where and when is packet pick-up?
14. Where do I park?
15. Can someone else pick up my packet?
16. Where do the races start and finish?
Both races start and finish at McLane Stadium.
McLane Stadium’s address is 1001 S M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Waco, TX 76704.
17. Will there be restrooms, water and aid stations?
Yes! Restrooms will be available along the course.
The Bearathon features several types of support stations along the course.
Each support station is also equipped with necessary equipment and training to understand injury and severe weather protocols, led by the Student Foundation representative.
18. Where do I find COVID-19 related information?
19. What's the event cancellation policy?
20. Can runners win the prize money of multiple categories?
Runners can only win one category. For instance, if a student category runner wins the half-marathon race overall, he or she is not eligible to win both the student and the overall prize money. In this scenario, the student who won the overall race would be awarded the greater prize and the next fastest student runner would be awarded the first place prize money of the student category.
21. Can I change my race registration from the half-marathon to the 6K or from the 6K to the half-marathon?
Yes, you can transfer your registration up to March 17th. Transfer your registration via your Active.com account, where you registered for the race originally. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Need to contact us?
For additional questions concerning the Bearathon and Sic’Em 6K, please email email@example.com.