Apply for the Student Foundation Scholarship
Applications for the 2019-2020 Student Foundation Scholarship are now closed. We intend to release the next round of application for the 2020-2021 academic year in January 2020.
Fundamental to Student Foundation’s work each year is to award scholarships to deserving Baylor students. Our Student Foundation members work throughout the year to raise funds from generous Baylor alumni and friends, whose support makes these scholarships possible. The dollar amount of possible scholarship awards is determined each spring semester and comes from both annual gifts and our 90 endowed Student Foundation scholarships.
The Student Foundation scholarship is $3,000 ($1,500 in each the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters) and will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year. December 2019 graduates are eligible only to receive half a scholarship ($1,500 in the Fall 2019 semester).
The Student Foundation scholarships are awarded based on both merit and need and are evaluated blindly (without reviewing the student's name or identifying information) by the committee. Last year, Student Foundation received over 300 qualified applicants. Of those applicants, 95 Baylor students were awarded $1,500 or $3,000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Decisions are based on a combination of merit and financial need and the following application will help determine which Baylor students are most deserving of this award. For the second consecutive year, Student Foundation will award a limited number of scholarships to incoming transfer students. Incoming first-year students, graduate students, and student-athletes that receive an athletic scholarship are not eligible for the Student Foundation scholarships.
If selected for a Student Foundation scholarship, receipt of the financial aid funds will be contingent upon the following requirements:
- Achieve and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Attend the Student Foundation Scholarship Reception on Thursday, April 25, 2019 from 5:00 - 7:00 PM in the Ed Crenshaw Student Foundation Center.
- Attend the Student Foundation 50th Anniversary Celebration Banquet on Friday, September 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM.
- Write thank you notes to Student Foundation donors as facilitated by Student Foundation in the Fall 2019 Semester.
- Complete a brief online questionnaire about the impact of the Student Foundation Scholarship (specific link will be provided again when Baylor Connect is back up and running).
- Participate in a philanthropic educational experience. Educational experiences may include, but are not limited to, academic courses, guest speakers, or retreat-style seminars about the importance of generosity. Student Foundation will have opportunities available to you throughout the year. If you have a proposal for a different experience, you may share that with the Student Foundation Director at StudentFoundation@baylor.edu.
- Participate in a philanthropic activity. Philanthropic activities may include, but are not limited to, an academic course on philanthropy, serving as philanthropy chair for an organization, planning a philanthropy event, raising funds for the Student Foundation Scholarship Fund, volunteering at a Student Foundation philanthropy event, or raising awareness about a philanthropic cause on campus. Student Foundation will have opportunities available to you throughout the year. If you have a proposal for a different experience, you may share that with the Student Foundation Director at StudentFoundation@baylor.edu.
For any further questions regarding the Student Foundation Scholarship, please contact us at (254) 710-3497 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.