2020-2021 Steering Committee
Student Foundation is guided by a steering committee of student leaders and each is responsible for leading an area of Student Foundation's activities throughout the year.
Chief of Staff
Alumni Relations Co-Chairs
Campus Promotions Co-Chairs
- Hannah Battle
- Lindsay Hart
- Konnell Woods
Student Recruitment Co-Chairs
Student Foundation is unique among its peer organizations around the country. Few, if any, other Student Foundations are trusted with such wide-ranging and careful responsibilities on the University's behalf. In order to better focus and meet the needs of the university, Student Foundation members are divided into three committees:
Travel across Texas, network with influential Baylor alumni and help your fellow students! Do you love talking to alumni and friends of Baylor? Maintaining relationships with alumni is a vital area of service encompassed by Student Foundation. Members of the Alumni Relations Committee visit Baylor alumni and friends throughout the school year to help them retain strong connections to the University and to solicit scholarship donations for deserving Baylor students. Realizing the rising cost of higher education, the Foundation is committed to helping fellow students meet their education expenses. These students enjoy watching their efforts and goals become a reality as the donors and recipients come together for a scholarship banquet in the spring.
- In 50 years, approximately 7,000 students have benefited from nearly $6 million in Student Foundation scholarship funds.
- Student Foundation's 90 endowed scholarship funds are valued at more than $4.75 million.
- In 2020 alone, Student Foundation awarded nearly $300,000 in scholarship funds to 106 Baylor students.
- Alumni Relations also hosted the annual Homecoming Reception at the Ed Crenshaw Student Foundation Center for returning Student Foundation alumni.
Plan events, solicit sponsorships and market Student Foundation! Campus Promotions directs its efforts toward developing leadership and involvement on Baylor's campus. The committee organizes and directs the Bearathon (featuring a half-marathon and 5K), Homecoming Parade Grandstands, and the Fall Festival (held in conjunction with the All-University Thanksgiving Dinner). Campus Promotions also works to uphold strong morale and enthusiasm within the Foundation. These events not only reunite Baylor alumni, current students and friends of the University, but also support Student Foundation's mission to serve students and raise scholarship funds.
- In 2019, there were over 1,600 registrants for the 17th annual Bearathon, and the event raised over $30,000 for student scholarships.
- Campus Promotions uses visual publicity such as billboards, banners, flyers, slide shows and chalking to promote Student Foundation activities.
Students recruiting prospective Baylor students! Working in conjunction with Baylor Undergraduate Admissions, Student Recruitment committee members attend high school college nights and spring senior receptions across Texas and the nation as Baylor's representatives. Student Foundation members are an integral part of the university's academic recruitment program to recruit talented prospective Baylor Bears.
- Student Recruitment members traveled nearly 10,000 miles across the State of Texas to 40 college fairs, Sicemologies (in California, Colorado, and Illinois), and several more accepted student events around the Lone Star State.
- Student Recruitment members serve as student hosts for signature events such as Kaleidoscope, Premiere, Invitation to Excellence, and Baylor Open.